DIGITAL MELTINCHOC: 9 Litre Capacity
Overall Size: 39.5x45x13.5cm; VAT Size:32×35.3x(h)10cm
The Martellato Digital Meltinchoc (MCD103) dry heat chocolate holding tank can be used for the small scale production of pralines and chocolate figures, as well as for dipping and decorating ice creams on a stick. It is made of durable impact resistant plastic and has a removable basin made of anodized aluminium.
- It is designed for use primarily as a holding tank.
- It is equipped with an external digital probe thermometer which directly measures the chocolate temperature and it is therefore able to hold your chocolate at the right temperature more accurately than typical analogue melters, including the Mini Meltinchocs.
- Please note that you will still need to stir the chocolate every 15-20 mins to prevent it from over-crystallizing.
- It is normal that there may still be some variance in temperature of the chocolate to the temperature shown on the display. This could be affected by many factors: room temperature, the level of chocolate in the machine and correct position of the probe.
- The Digital Meltinchoc features preset digital programmes for melting, seeding, cooling and holding for dark, milk & white chocolate, with audible alarms for each stage. Note that these alarms can be turned off if preferred.
Can you melt chocolate in the Digital MeltinChoc?
You can melt your chocolate in the unit but it will generally take several hours, so we would advise that you melt your chocolate in a microwave for speed.
Can you temper chocolate in the Digital MeltinChoc?
You can manually temper chocolate but please note that the Digital MeltinChoc is not an automatic tempering machine. To temper your chocolate in the Digital MeltinChoc, you can use the seed method. Alternatively, provided your chocolate is pre-crystallised you can melt it slowly without ever letting it get above 34-35°c.
- Please note that the working tolerance of the machine in normal operation +/- 3°c. This refers to the difference you may see between the temperature as measured by the probe and the chocolate temperature measured by an external thermometer.
- Note also that the temperature measured by the probe will vary according to how much chocolate is in the tank and how fully immersed the probe is in the chocolate.